The year's best TV recognised at the Venice TV Award
This year's winners of the Venice TV Award were announced across 16 categories!
© Venice TV Award
© Salzburg Festival
The annual Venice TV Award, which is supported by the International Music + Media Centre (IMZ), the European Group of Television Advertising (egta), and the Association of Commercial TV (ACT), awarded the year´s television masterpieces and underlines the continued – and growing – global appeal of TV.
Presided over by a jury of leading international TV experts, the Venice TV Award handed trophies out to international TV shows across 16 separate categories.
In 2021, works from the United Kingdom were the most successful, winning five Golden Trophies (Best TV Series, Best TV Film, Comedy, Light Entertainment, Documentary).
In the category Performing Arts won 'Così fan tutte', a contemporary and very reduced production at the Salzburg Festival (ORF coproduced with ARTE, ZDF + Unitel).
The jury summed up: "The subtleties of the production, which an audience member in the theatre would probably not notice, give the programme a captivating dramaturgical dynamic.“
These productions were also awarded in the category, as Nominees:
- The Fiery Angel, a production of Unitel for VBW International, Director: Tiziano Mancini, Stage Di-rector
- ENO’s Drive & Live: La Bohème English National Opera, Sky Arts, United Kingdom
- The Taming Of The Shrew, Les Ballets de Monte-Carlo, Choreography Jean-Christophe Maillo, Mez-zo, France Televisions, Telmondis
- Siren, Danish Dance Theatre, Denmark
- Olivier Messiaen – Quatuor pour la fin du Temps, MDR, Arte Concert, Germany, Production Company: Accentus Music
- Currentzis conducts Beethoven in Delphi, ZDF/Arte, Germany, Production Company: Unitel, Megaron
- The Agony, TVP 1. Poland, Production Company: Telewizja Polska S.A.
Jury Member Markus Schäfer, Vice-President Allianz Deutscher Produzenten „The shows competing for the award clearly underline the high quality of TV productions and the creativity of the TV industry. Also, it is very impressive to see the international diversity.“
The biggest congrats to all winners, especially to all IMZ Members!
Click the button below for the full list of winners + nominees!
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN...
IMZ to partner in EU-Project Cinnovate
IMZ helps cinemas across Europe embrace digital audience engagement opportunities and explores new VOD market potential for its members.
Orpheus Radio is to launch digital media platform
Russian State TV and Radio Music Centre
The Russian State Music Television and Radio Centre and its Orpheus Radio are going to launch the first national digital media platform Orpheus - orpheus.ru.
In production: The Sound Weavers
EuroArts Music International
Ludovico Einaudi, Hania Rani, Joep Beving and Hauschka in 'The Sound Weavers: Neo-Classical Composers and Performers'.