IMZ Academy: Re-imagining the orchestra for the digital age
All speakers of the LSO - London Symphony Orchestra and GSO - Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra have been confirmed! Register now to take advantage of the lower participant fee!
IMZ Academy ©
PROGRAMME & SPEAKERS
Experts from three important cultural institutions will give an inside track on the latest developments and technologies in the field of orchestras in the digital space on 21 and 22 August at Barbican Centre, London.
IMZ Academy director Peter Maniura will lead the session with Becky Lees, Chris Rogers and Jo Johnson from London Symphony Orchestra, Måns Pär Fogelberg and Eva Essvik from Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra and EMMY-nominated multi-camera Director and Filmmaker Kriss Russman.
In their presentations they will cover artistic, as well as technical and financial challenges and examine best practice in performance capture, streaming, editorial curation and audience impact.
• To outline the range of editorial and technical knowledge which an orchestra requires to promote and position itself in the digital world
• To help orchestras develop their narrative as creative organizations
• To help them decide who their audience is and how to reach them
• To help define and develop their digital strategy and its active components
• To provide a framework for decisions about whether or not to invest in in-house technology and staff to pursue their digital strategy
• To examine best practice in multi-camera performance capture and streaming, including low-cost options
• To develop thinking around a range of editorial content beyond performance
• Representatives of Digital and Media Development Departments
• Digital Media and Event Producers
• PR, Marketing and Communication Specialists
• Editors, Video and Sound Technicians
EARL BIRD RATE till 23 JUNE 2017
Register now and take advantage of the early bird rate until 23 June 2017! Please note: For IMZ Members this financial advantage counts for the whole submission period!
WHEN + WHERE?
The IMZ Academy 2017 “Re-imagining the orchestra for the digital age“ takes place at the Barbican Centre in London, 21-22 August 2017.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN...
Lehár’s The Land of Smiles
With Piotr Beczala and Julia Kleiter, staged by Andreas Homoki and conducted by Fabio Luisi.
Yaroslavna at Mariinsky Theatre – World Premiere
Ballet in three acts by Vladimir Varnava. Music by Boris Tishchenko. Musical Direction by Valery Gergiev.
Giuseppe Verdi: Aida
Anna Netrebko, Francesco Meli & Ekaterina Semenchuk star in Shirin Neshat’s production of “Aida” at the Salzburg Festival, conducted by Riccardo Muti.